The roof over your head is a big investment and meant to keep you and your assets dry and protected from the elements.
With the proper care metal roofs can last a very long time.
Studies have shown that metal roofs should not be installed over synthetic vapor barrier insulation, as it will trap the moisture and may cause deck rotting. Therefore, it is recommended to use breathable ventilation system.
A roof not properly ventilated may fail prematurely due to moisture trapping.
All Safe Roofing warranties your metal roofing job to be leak free and water tight.
How to give your metal roof the proper attention and extend lifespan:
- Any work on a metal roof should be done by a contractor who spends the majority of his or her time installing these types of roof covering: ASR is your Metal Roofing Expert.
- Inspect regularly, at least annually.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts quarterly, or as required for the location.
- Keep roofs free of debris.
- Thoroughly wash and clean area of all debris, solutions after maintenance on roof top mechanical units.
- Caution workers on roof – help prevent roof damage.
- Inspect and reseal as necessary all roof penetrations – pipe flashings and flashings, etc.
- Inspect the roof if a heavy storm or weather condition may have caused damage. (Contact your builder)
- Check A/C units frequently for proper condensate disposal.
- Always walk in the flat of roof sheet, near supporting roof structural.