Commercial Roof Leaks Could Escalate to Unwanted ConsequencesMarch 23, 2020
Commercial roof leaks, if left neglected, could do more damage and cost more money in the long run. The absorption of water in building premises and essential equipment can deteriorate their external components, adding unnecessary repair and replacement costs. These unwanted consequences are otherwise known as consequential damages. Explained below are these unwanted consequences and how commercial roof leaks could easily escalate into these incidents
Commercial Roof Leaks Can Lead to Equipment and Furniture Damage
Water entering your building can naturally damage walls, floors and ceilings. Along the way it can also ruin equipment, inventory and furniture as well. As a commercial building owner, you must quickly determine the source and temporarily stop water from entering. Check the most common leak points first. Look out for cuts, tears, holes, open seams, and missing flashing in your commercial roof to find the issue.
Commercial Roof Leaks Can Cause Slipping Incidents and Fall Injuries
Moisture on the floor from a commercial roof leak can cause slip and fall hazards throughout the building. That means it can put you at risk for worker’s compensation claims or customer lawsuits. Be mindful of slip or fall hazards and quickly have them remedied.
Commercial Roof Leaks Produces Moist Insulation
Along with potential structural damage, wet insulation will contribute to higher monthly utility costs. When insulation gets saturated it’s nearly impossible to dry the trapped water and prevent the moisture from accumulating. Studies estimate energy losses caused by thermal resistance even from minor leaks can be as much as 70 percent. Use infrared scanning to catch wet insulation before it becomes a costly problem. If wet insulation is found, remove it and replace it with the same R-value thickness.
Commercial Roof Leaks Develop Mould and Bacteria Growth
Moisture from a commercial roof leak can serve as a source for mold and bacteria growth, as well as attract cockroaches and other insects. Costs to mitigate mold or exterminate insects can add up if not dealt with timely. Building code violations, business operation interruptions and even public relations messes are other likely outcomes.
Know more about the unwanted consequences of neglected commercial roof leaks from All Safe Roofing. We are a top, innovative industrial and commercial roofing company that provides the highest quality workmanship at competitive rates. We are highly skilled in this process along with a full line of other roofing services. Your roof will be safe, attractive and durable when you rely on our company for your needs. You can definitely prevent further damages for we are a top, innovative industrial and commercial roofing company that is dedicated in delivering excellent quality work within the customer’s budget, providing exceptional customer service and attention to detail.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Metal Gutters and Downpipes Perform Better than Plastic
- Complete Commercial Metal Roofing Installation Package in Sydney: Contact All Safe Roofing
- Proper Metal Roofing Installation to Maximise Roof Performance
- Best Preventive Maintenance Measures for Industrial Roofs
- Roof Cladding Services in Sydney: What Does the Job Entail?
- Common Gutter and Downpipe Problems on Old Commercial and Industrial Buildings
- Reasons Why Huge Factories and Commercial Buildings Should Choose Steel Roofing
- Reasons Why Commercial Establishments Typically Use Metal Roofing
- The Importance of Commercial and Industrial Roof Building Audits
- Consequences of Ponding Water on Commercial Roofs
- Commercial Roof Leaks Could Escalate to Unwanted Consequences
- The Do's and Don'ts of Asbestos Removal in Commercial Roofs
- Common Industrial Roofing Problems that Call for Commercial Roofing Experts
- Important Considerations When Picking the Right Roofing Material for Your Warehouse
- Roof Raising in Industrial Buildings: How is this Done?
- FAQ: How Long Does Your Type of Commercial Building Roof Typically Last?
- Four Types of Commercial Roof Leaks and Ways to Prevent Them
- Understanding Asbestos Abatement for Commercial and Industrial Roofing
- View all article…
- Commercial Roofing Collapse: Causes and Prevention
- Roofing Materials Utilised for Commercial Metal Roofing Purposes
- View all article…
- Should You Add Insulation to Metal Roofs?
- Roof Raising and Lifting Services in Sydney
- View all article…