Common Industrial Roofing Problems that Call for Commercial Roofing ExpertsFebruary 21, 2020
Let’s face it, industrial roofing problems are more complicated than they seem. It is a known fact that most industrial roof owners know nothing about how to resolve even its most common problems. That is why instead of figuring out what to do with your industrial roofing, it is best to consult commercial roofing experts. Below are the most common industrial roofing problems.
Gutters and Drains
With regular inspections and the proper maintenance, a roof’s gutters and drains won’t cause much of a problem. However, if they are not kept up with, then serious roof damage may occur. It starts out as a small problem, but if not taken care of quickly enough, it leads into a bigger one, such as leaking. But, it’s no impossible task for the professionals. Call the professionals to have the gutters cleaned and to fix any blockage that may be occurring. Gutters and drains may also need to be tightened, and open joints may need sealing.
Ponding water is water that rests on a roof for more than 48 hours at a time. If there is ponding water on your industrial roof, then it may be time to look into the roof’s draining system. If the water is not able to drain off the roof, that’s a problem. This can cause the roof’s material to break down and can even cause leaks. It’s important to have a professional come out and assess the cause of the ponding water whether it be the draining system or perhaps the overall design of the roof. Once the root of the issue is addressed, the proper steps to correcting the problem can then be fixed.
Although there is sometimes nothing that you can do to prevent weather damage to your roof, having regular inspections helps keep your roof in the best shape possible. This will aid in standing strong against severe weather conditions. Weather-related problems may include leaks, loosening of the roof, overflows, and much more. After enduring any type of severe weather, it’s a good idea to check on the condition of the roof to ensure no damage has occurred.
Roof cracking can be due to poor installation of the roof, but more frequently, it’s due to a thermal shock. Over time, the sun’s UV rays break down the roof’s materials. If your industrial roof is a dark colour, then it will be more susceptible to this. When the sun is at its strongest, normally during summertime – the roof expands. However, it is during cooler months when the sun is not as strong – the roof contracts. These two extremes cause several types of damage.
A roof that is blown off is possibly due to extreme weather conditions or poor roof quality. If a good-quality roof is installed properly, then it’s at less risk of being blown off. Even if the roof only suffered minor damage, only a small portion of it is blown off, it’s still essential to have professionals come out and repair it.
Know more about the lifespan of your common industrial roofing problems from All Safe Roofing. We are a top, innovative industrial and commercial roofing company that provides the highest quality workmanship at competitive rates.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Metal Gutters and Downpipes Perform Better than Plastic
- Complete Commercial Metal Roofing Installation Package in Sydney: Contact All Safe Roofing
- Proper Metal Roofing Installation to Maximise Roof Performance
- Best Preventive Maintenance Measures for Industrial Roofs
- Roof Cladding Services in Sydney: What Does the Job Entail?
- Common Gutter and Downpipe Problems on Old Commercial and Industrial Buildings
- Reasons Why Huge Factories and Commercial Buildings Should Choose Steel Roofing
- Reasons Why Commercial Establishments Typically Use Metal Roofing
- The Importance of Commercial and Industrial Roof Building Audits
- Consequences of Ponding Water on Commercial Roofs
- Commercial Roof Leaks Could Escalate to Unwanted Consequences
- The Do's and Don'ts of Asbestos Removal in Commercial Roofs
- Common Industrial Roofing Problems that Call for Commercial Roofing Experts
- Important Considerations When Picking the Right Roofing Material for Your Warehouse
- Roof Raising in Industrial Buildings: How is this Done?
- FAQ: How Long Does Your Type of Commercial Building Roof Typically Last?
- Four Types of Commercial Roof Leaks and Ways to Prevent Them
- Understanding Asbestos Abatement for Commercial and Industrial Roofing
- View all article…
- Commercial Roofing Collapse: Causes and Prevention
- Roofing Materials Utilised for Commercial Metal Roofing Purposes
- View all article…
- Should You Add Insulation to Metal Roofs?
- Roof Raising and Lifting Services in Sydney
- View all article…