Reasons Why Commercial Establishments Typically Use Metal RoofingMay 13, 2020
Metal roofing systems are by far the most popular form of roofing on commercial buildings. Metal roofs in one fashion or another have been around since biblical times, but did not become the dominant system until about forty or fifty years ago when new materials made metal roofing systems more economical. Below are reasons why commercial establishments typically use metal roofing.
The most popular materials used in modern buildings include corrugated galvanized steel, blend of zinc, aluminium and silicon-coated steel, standing seam metal – a rolled product sold in various widths, metal sheets – painted or stone coated, stainless steel – for extra harsh conditions, copper – still a popular alternative for spires, flashings and gutters on commercial buildings, copper has definitely stood the test of time as a roofing material, aluminium – the most popular modern roofing system, aluminium typically lasts for at least 30 years, is lightweight, resists corrosion, and has a high level of reflectivity.
Metal Roofing is Durable
Metal roofing is very durable. The materials are recyclable and when colour coated can be very attractive compared to shingles. Metal roofing systems are the most popular option for covering commercial buildings and offer many advantages over other options including durability and appearance. They are subject or rust and corrosion so regular inspection and maintenance is warranted. Metal roof repair and metal roof coatings help maintain the life of the roof, the building, and the contents of the building.
Metal Roofing is Low Maintenance
Although more expensive than asphalt and build up roofs (BUR), metal roofs are easier to clean and maintain their appearance over time. Manufacturers of metal roofing systems pre-coat the metal with almost any colour imaginable. Later, when the roof shows signs of aging, metal roof coatings can extend the life of the roof and the building. Like all metals, the metals used in roofing systems can rust and corrode over time and may cause interference for radio and cellular reception.
Metal Roof Coatings Extend the Life of Metal Rood Systems
Most metal roofs have factory-applied coatings that degrade over time. As the metal roof ages, it is advisable to consider metal roof coatings to extend the life of the roof. There are many options available for metal roof coatings including waterborne acrylic, solvent-borne aluminium, rubberized aluminium, solvent-borne styrene-ethylene butylenes styrene (SBS), polyurethane and more. There are also urethane and polyurethane coatings available that provide more strength than other types of coatings.
Metal Roof Repair
Whether a metal roofing system is new or has been in use for many years, there are many inexpensive options for metal roof repair including painting and metal roof coatings. Building owners and facilities managers should regularly inspect for damage and clean commercial roof at least once per year.
Cleaning Strategies for Metal Roofs
Steam cleaning and pressure washing are the best ways to clean metal roofs. Depending on the life of the roof and the amount of wear and tear it receives, it is a good idea to use one of these techniques annually. Cleaning maximizes solar resistance and improves the appearance of the roof. It also extends the life of the roof.
For enquiries and assistance in roofing services, consult All Safe Roofing. Please feel free to contact us or call us at 0400 048 540.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Metal Gutters and Downpipes Perform Better than Plastic
- Complete Commercial Metal Roofing Installation Package in Sydney: Contact All Safe Roofing
- Proper Metal Roofing Installation to Maximise Roof Performance
- Best Preventive Maintenance Measures for Industrial Roofs
- Roof Cladding Services in Sydney: What Does the Job Entail?
- Common Gutter and Downpipe Problems on Old Commercial and Industrial Buildings
- Reasons Why Huge Factories and Commercial Buildings Should Choose Steel Roofing
- Reasons Why Commercial Establishments Typically Use Metal Roofing
- The Importance of Commercial and Industrial Roof Building Audits
- Consequences of Ponding Water on Commercial Roofs
- Commercial Roof Leaks Could Escalate to Unwanted Consequences
- The Do's and Don'ts of Asbestos Removal in Commercial Roofs
- Common Industrial Roofing Problems that Call for Commercial Roofing Experts
- Important Considerations When Picking the Right Roofing Material for Your Warehouse
- Roof Raising in Industrial Buildings: How is this Done?
- FAQ: How Long Does Your Type of Commercial Building Roof Typically Last?
- Four Types of Commercial Roof Leaks and Ways to Prevent Them
- Understanding Asbestos Abatement for Commercial and Industrial Roofing
- View all article…
- Commercial Roofing Collapse: Causes and Prevention
- Roofing Materials Utilised for Commercial Metal Roofing Purposes
- View all article…
- Should You Add Insulation to Metal Roofs?
- Roof Raising and Lifting Services in Sydney
- View all article…