Understanding Asbestos Abatement for Commercial and Industrial RoofingDecember 4, 2019
If your commercial or industrial roof is old enough, chances are that it contains some asbestos which has been deemed a toxic construction material. Before re-roofing can take place on your building, asbestos abatement or removal must be performed to bring your building up to present code. This is not an easy task since it takes special procedures and disposal methods to eliminate this substance from your building. In order for you to better understand this process, we offer you the following information.
What is Asbestos?
The term “asbestos” refers to a group of six silicate minerals that occurs naturally in various parts of the world. Each of these minerals is made up of thin, long fibrous crystals, and these crystals contain microscopic fibrils. It is the fibrils that are released into the surrounding environment when asbestos is disturbed by certain processes, even after this material has been made into products for roofing and other purposes.
Why Asbestos Abatement Is Necessary for Commercial and Industrial Roofs
In the past, asbestos was used liberally until it was linked to some serious health issues, such as respiratory problems and Mesothelioma. Since the late 1980s, most construction and roofing companies have ceased using this material in their projects. However, there are still buildings that contain this material in various places, including their roofs.
Asbestos Removal is a Job for Professionals
Only professionals should remove asbestos from commercial and industrial roofs. The abatement process begins with analysis and testing in order to create an effective plan for removing the asbestos. Specific steps also will need to be taken to be certain that the asbestos is not dispersed into the structure or the surrounding area. Workers will wear safety gear and air-monitoring equipment to protect their own health.
Local Authorities Mandate Special Disposal Methods for Asbestos
The asbestos is collected in approved containers for disposal according to local laws and regulations that can vary slightly across this country. Violation of these rules can lead to fines and other legal issues. This is another reason that only experts should perform asbestos abatement.
Asbestos can be in a Variety of Roofing Materials
The following are some roofing materials that can contain asbestos:
• Vapour retardants
For additional information about asbestos removal on commercial and industrial roofing, contact All Safe Roofing. We are highly skilled in this process along with a full line of other roofing services. Your roof will be safe, attractive and durable when you rely on our company for your needs.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Metal Gutters and Downpipes Perform Better than Plastic
- Complete Commercial Metal Roofing Installation Package in Sydney: Contact All Safe Roofing
- Proper Metal Roofing Installation to Maximise Roof Performance
- Best Preventive Maintenance Measures for Industrial Roofs
- Roof Cladding Services in Sydney: What Does the Job Entail?
- Common Gutter and Downpipe Problems on Old Commercial and Industrial Buildings
- Reasons Why Huge Factories and Commercial Buildings Should Choose Steel Roofing
- Reasons Why Commercial Establishments Typically Use Metal Roofing
- The Importance of Commercial and Industrial Roof Building Audits
- Consequences of Ponding Water on Commercial Roofs
- Commercial Roof Leaks Could Escalate to Unwanted Consequences
- The Do's and Don'ts of Asbestos Removal in Commercial Roofs
- Common Industrial Roofing Problems that Call for Commercial Roofing Experts
- Important Considerations When Picking the Right Roofing Material for Your Warehouse
- Roof Raising in Industrial Buildings: How is this Done?
- FAQ: How Long Does Your Type of Commercial Building Roof Typically Last?
- Four Types of Commercial Roof Leaks and Ways to Prevent Them
- Understanding Asbestos Abatement for Commercial and Industrial Roofing
- View all article…
- Commercial Roofing Collapse: Causes and Prevention
- Roofing Materials Utilised for Commercial Metal Roofing Purposes
- View all article…
- Should You Add Insulation to Metal Roofs?
- Roof Raising and Lifting Services in Sydney
- View all article…